We all want to keep our pets healthy—even if they just ate all of the cake pops your daughter made for her 4th grade class—so why not perform a quick at-home checkup for your pet bestie? Follow these 10 easy pointers from the Veterinary Cancer Group and if you notice any of the signs below call them right away to schedule an appointment!
1. Unusual swellings that persist or grow.
2. Sores that do not heal.
3. Weight loss.
4. Loss of appetite.
5. Unusual bleeding or discharge.
6. Offensive odor.
7. Difficulty eating or swallowing.
8. Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina.
9. Persistent lameness or stiffness.
10. Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating.
If your pet seems to be free of any of these ailments please don’t forget to maintain regular wellness exams with your vet to catch any early developments of this disease.