Here are six tips to keep your dog from begging:
1) Avoid feeding your dog at the table.
2) Train your dog to perform a long ?down, stay? command.
3) Ignore your pup completely while you eat?no eye contact, no talking, no reprimanding.
4) While you are eating, give your dog a rolling toy filled with food that drops out as the dog plays (like the ?Kong?).
5) After you?re done eating, reward your dog with plenty of praise and a treat (away from the table).
6) Be consistent in your training. Giving in now and then will only confuse your dog.